OUR CUSTOMER BACKGROUND :
Our customer is a multi-national major player in the life science sector, aspiring to aid the community in leading a healthy life by formulating, developing, commercializing, and delivering affordable and accessible medicines that satisfy urgent medical needs. The company has products in therapeutic areas ranging from antibiotics, to gastrointestinal, cardiovascular, dermal, and erectile dysfunction medications. Our customer has been operating as a fully-integrated pharmaceutical company since 1995 across 34 overseas locations, leveraging 14,000 employees and is now one of the leading Pharma Manufacturing Companies in India.
SCOPE & CHALLENGES :
Scope : Single country end-to-end rollout of SAP Concur as part of a larger roadmap of SAP product rollouts, encompassing the implementation of Concur, SAP S4/HANA, and SAP FICO for payment
Challenges : Management expressed their desire to replace their legacy T&E solution with the latest selected T&E technology, being SAP Concur, driven by the following key challenges:
- Inability to quickly create and submit accurate, in-policy expense reports that will bear scrutiny by the auditors
- User dissatisfaction due to lengthy pre-trip as well as expense report approval & processing cycles times as a result of lack of automation and complex approval workflows in place
- No automated flow of Travel and credit card data into the legacy T&E solution
FinTrans Solutions was selected as certified SAP Concur Consulting & Implementation Partner for expens management process simplification and end-to-end Implementation of Concur under consideration of
dependencies to the S/4 HANA rollout happening in parallel. The following product and extended feature scope was to be considered for the SAP Concur Implementation:
- SAP Concur Expense
- SAP Concur Request Add-on
- Travel Allowance
- DRIVE for GPS-enabled mileage reimbursement
- Cash advance functionality
FinTrans successfully ran the full life cycle of the SAP Concur Implementation, comprising:
- Overall project management
- Kick-off and Pre-Scoping
- Analysis & Concur requirement gathering in-synch with T&E process and policy simplification
- Configuration Design and Build
- Credit Card Feed Implementation
- Integration design & development between Concur, S/4 HANA and the customer’s HRMS
- Testing: Configuration validation, integration testing and User Acceptance Testing
- Training material development and execution
- Cut-over support and go-live preparation
- Post go-live support
VALUE ADDED :
- After successful Concur go-live and stabilization within 3 months, our customer is now able to utilize
a fully automated SAP Concur solution, SAP-natively integrated integration between the customer’s
S/4 HANA ERP, HR and accounting systems giving management a timely, accurate, and complete
financial picture and ease of payment through SAP FI and financial posting through S/4 HANA.
- This solution addresses all customer’s policy requirements such as the setup of a custom cash
advance workflow, establishing an eligibility matrix & tables configured under the Travel Allowance
module for per diem, and the configuration of the DRIVE functionality for mileage reimbursement.
- Through the activation of the ExpenseIT mobile app for automated OCR receipt capture, the auto-
population of captured expense lines in expense reports as well as configuration of numerous audit
rules to manage entitlements via conditions tied to employee grades, employees are now able to
quickly create and submit accurate, in-policy expense reports that bear the scrutiny of auditors.
- Ease of approval is now guaranteed at a click of a button through Concur mobile app activation and
the configuration of an automated hierarchy-based authorized approval workflow.
- Significant reduction of the turnaround time from claim-to-reimburse improved user satisfaction and
policy enforcement highly improved user satisfaction and retention rate across all user groups.
Interested to connect with us? Request Demo